Thursday, August 7, 2014
In between hiking and shopping July 5 we met friends
You wouldn't believe it. We didn't take a picture to even prove it. We had come home from the hike and were planning our grocery/dinner run and squeaking in some showers when this guy walks up and asks
"Where in Maryland are you from?"
I look hard and my eyes go big and...
"BRETT LESHER?!?!?!?"
"JESSICA VERMILLION?!??!"
There after we filled the air with shouts and squeals and hugs.
Oh my goodness, God has such a sense of humor.
Still thinking about it brings the biggest smile.
Brett was my buddy. He was a Kindergartner when I was in 5th grade and needed some help on the playground. He was like my little brother and I went on to babysit him and his brother. They are family to me. Their dad performed our wedding ceremony.
2235 miles from home, more really because we've wandered the nation, and he and his beautiful wife who I also knew from Montrose are in our camp loop.
While dinner and shopping kept us from camp-firing, we caught up a bit in the morning before they left and found we live quite close.
Game nights are in our future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment