Monday, February 9, 2015

Happy 36th Christopher

A very happy birthday to my Man. Chris, you've crossed over into something new. This is the first year you've mentioned the age as something different. I have loved aging with you. You've walked beside me and grown up and grown in the role of provider, protector, and being a godly man. 
I've gotten to watch a lot of years.

I was sixteen going on seventeen,
You were seventeen going on eighteen...
'96 who is this (nervous about starting this whole thing with a phone call on a corded phone), 

'97 textbook perfect (senior prom),


'98 nice (legal adults), 

'99 quiet

2000 the new millennium
'01 overrated

'02 amazing (married), 

'03 humbling (kid 1),



'04 fun (kid 2), 


'05 can't remember

'06 adventurous (kid 3), 


'07 somber, 

'08 building up (house expansion), 


'09 nuts (kid,minivan, church), 

'10--no going back (incurable disease,) 


'11 undone (there and back again, kid 5), 



'12 WOW (house guests), 


'13 (kid 6)

'14 to the moon and back (almost, 11800 miles in 65 days), 

 


and now 2015 the year of 36. Bring it on! Chris, your patience, strength, love, desire to seek God and insistence on finding him, your care for us and for yourself, those smile crinkles by your eyes (I amazed that you should have so many), I love it all. I am thankful for you. Happy birthday. Love you forever! 

1 comment:

prjwith3 said...

This brings tears to my eyes. What love you both have for each other....unconditional love. What a blessing you both are to each other and to others (like us!) We love you both!!!!